Bikers Against Child Abuse make abuse victims feel safe
These tough bikers have a soft spot: aiding child-abuse victims. Anytime, anywhere, for as long as it takes the child to feel safe, these leather-clad guardians will stand tall and strong against the dark, and the fear, and those who seek to harm.
The 11-year-old girl hears the rumble of their motorcycles, rich and deep, long before she sees them. She chews her bottom lip, nervous.
They are coming for her.
The bikers roar into sight, a pack of them, long-haired and tattooed, with heavy boots and leather vests, and some riding double. They circle the usually quiet Gilbert cul-de-sac, and the noise pulls neighbors from behind slatted wood blinds and glossy front doors.
One biker stops at the mouth of the street, parks in the middle of the road and stands guard next to his motorcycle, arms crossed.
The rest back up to the curb in front of the girl’s house, almost in formation, parking side by side. There are 14 motorcycles in all, mostly black and shiny chrome. The bikers rev their engines again before shutting them down.
The sudden silence is deafening. The girl’s mother takes her hand.
The leader of this motorcycle club is a 55-year-old man who has a salt-and-pepper Fu Manchu and wears his hair down past his shoulders. He eases off his 2000 Harley Road King and approaches the little girl.
He is formidable, and intimidating, and he knows it. So he bends low in front of the little girl and puts out his hand, tanned and weathered from the sun and wind: “Hi, I’m Pipes.”
“Nice to meet you,” she says softly, her small hand disappearing in his.….
The unruly-looking mob in her driveway is there to help her feel safe again. They are members of the Arizona chapter of Bikers Against Child Abuse International, and they wear their motto on their black leather vests and T-shirts: “No child deserves to live in fear.”
I’ll admit - this made me tear up. I’d never heard of BACA before. Now I want to find the WA and OR chapters, and give them some money. I can’t give them a lot - I live hand-to-mouth - but they deserve my support. Surviving abuse is not - *not* - easy. These bikers have taken on a nearly-impossible task, struggling to make it a little easier. Amazing. Absolutely wonderful.
Just read the entire article to my mom. Oh the tears.
No, It’s ok. I wanted to cry in my living room anyway.
This is one of the best things ever.
This article was so wonderful. If ever you need to restore your faith in humanity, just read this.
Humanity can be the lowest of the low sometimes. And then, they can rise to heights, like this. Wow.
- goodsquiddens reblogged this from coelasquid
- imcurrentlyholdingapencil likes this
- raidinsoldier likes this
- sweatersandcoffeemugs reblogged this from subject-alpha-5347-aka-joe
- subject-alpha-5347-aka-joe reblogged this from pockyseeker
- subject-alpha-5347-aka-joe likes this
- dwarf-with-a-jetpack likes this
- pockyseeker reblogged this from girlsbydaylight
- ferra-itt reblogged this from millionmanmanor
- travellyr reblogged this from z-bot
- pileofgood likes this
- witchmorwen likes this
- z-bot reblogged this from goodstuffhappenedtoday and added:
- ks-randomania reblogged this from heylookneato
- theworldserpent reblogged this from ladynorthstar
- sweety12404 reblogged this from mrblonde94
- sweety12404 likes this
- mrblonde94 reblogged this from andrewbaggott
- oh-you-know-that-one-girl reblogged this from epouvantail
- unidash likes this
- blackheartsofchrome likes this
- itsjustbreayaknow likes this
- zeppelinxprincess reblogged this from country-girl-xoxo
- justlitleme reblogged this from imtoojellyforyou
- justlitleme likes this
- imtoojellyforyou reblogged this from body-language-and-bad-habits
- imtoojellyforyou likes this
- body-language-and-bad-habits reblogged this from feministdisney
- lawliethadaheart likes this
- themightywordsmith likes this
- scatteredmomentsofconnection reblogged this from disneyandmusic
- froggrr reblogged this from procrastinationcelebration
- thetasteofsymmetry likes this
- solarapo likes this
- toastfairy reblogged this from distantwings
- waywardtricksterangel likes this
- sexyray1982 likes this
- 6twenty6 reblogged this from procrastinationcelebration
- eight-osoroshii-nine likes this
- g0rd0n-d135 reblogged this from phemiec
- shutupandkeeptalking likes this
- jadedgemini14 likes this
- gratia-puella likes this
- littlemisswellyboot likes this
- pawpillow reblogged this from aspookywerewolf and added:
- sucubuszoo reblogged this from stfurapeculture
- scareapimoling reblogged this from laurscreamisnotamused