Bikers Against Child Abuse make abuse victims feel safe
These tough bikers have a soft spot: aiding child-abuse victims. Anytime, anywhere, for as long as it takes the child to feel safe, these leather-clad guardians will stand tall and strong against the dark, and the fear, and those who seek to harm.
The 11-year-old girl hears the rumble of their motorcycles, rich and deep, long before she sees them. She chews her bottom lip, nervous.
They are coming for her.
The bikers roar into sight, a pack of them, long-haired and tattooed, with heavy boots and leather vests, and some riding double. They circle the usually quiet Gilbert cul-de-sac, and the noise pulls neighbors from behind slatted wood blinds and glossy front doors.
One biker stops at the mouth of the street, parks in the middle of the road and stands guard next to his motorcycle, arms crossed.
The rest back up to the curb in front of the girl’s house, almost in formation, parking side by side. There are 14 motorcycles in all, mostly black and shiny chrome. The bikers rev their engines again before shutting them down.
The sudden silence is deafening. The girl’s mother takes her hand.
The leader of this motorcycle club is a 55-year-old man who has a salt-and-pepper Fu Manchu and wears his hair down past his shoulders. He eases off his 2000 Harley Road King and approaches the little girl.
He is formidable, and intimidating, and he knows it. So he bends low in front of the little girl and puts out his hand, tanned and weathered from the sun and wind: “Hi, I’m Pipes.”
“Nice to meet you,” she says softly, her small hand disappearing in his.….
The unruly-looking mob in her driveway is there to help her feel safe again. They are members of the Arizona chapter of Bikers Against Child Abuse International, and they wear their motto on their black leather vests and T-shirts: “No child deserves to live in fear.”
I’ll admit - this made me tear up. I’d never heard of BACA before. Now I want to find the WA and OR chapters, and give them some money. I can’t give them a lot - I live hand-to-mouth - but they deserve my support. Surviving abuse is not - *not* - easy. These bikers have taken on a nearly-impossible task, struggling to make it a little easier. Amazing. Absolutely wonderful.
Just read the entire article to my mom. Oh the tears.
No, It’s ok. I wanted to cry in my living room anyway.
This is one of the best things ever.
This article was so wonderful. If ever you need to restore your faith in humanity, just read this.
Humanity can be the lowest of the low sometimes. And then, they can rise to heights, like this. Wow.
- ilikewhatilikesothere reblogged this from uncandycane
- meandmy6string likes this
- izusasia likes this
- silverroseiris likes this
- themeloncholyspirit reblogged this from flawedbutcleaningupsowell
- flawedbutcleaningupsowell reblogged this from inalackofcolour
- stratospheric-zephyr reblogged this from roymustangthekawaiialchemist
- stratospheric-zephyr likes this
- dorkbunnypimp-snap reblogged this from lovinorome
- nowthatwasunexpected reblogged this from forourfinalfarewell
- nowthatwasunexpected likes this
- lovinorome reblogged this from roymustangthekawaiialchemist
- iconstantlythankgodfor-moseby reblogged this from nagisathedruglordshota
- forourfinalfarewell reblogged this from roymustangthekawaiialchemist
- young-strong-stupid-drunk likes this
- whatisthisnameyouspeakof likes this
- dynamojacks likes this
- motsys likes this
- inalackofcolour reblogged this from roymustangthekawaiialchemist
- nagisathedruglordshota reblogged this from roymustangthekawaiialchemist
- roymustangthekawaiialchemist reblogged this from mackennzie
- shutupandkeeptalking likes this
- tyrannochaosflex reblogged this from wasteoiddd and added:
- deeannamariee reblogged this from significationary
- uhmitsnila reblogged this from cassiephalin
- cassiephalin reblogged this from mphilaa
- sorceress-belladonna reblogged this from sorceress-belladonna
- seanchais likes this
- banak likes this
- kisskiss-lucy likes this
- earthsong9405 likes this
- cloudcoins likes this
- potterwholock1608 reblogged this from mycroft-gamzee-stark
- mycroft-gamzee-stark reblogged this from holybowtieinabucket
- holybowtieinabucket reblogged this from spinning-constellations
- spinning-constellations reblogged this from therandominthecorner
- spinning-constellations likes this
- therandominthecorner reblogged this from anonymouscatt
- coobie2spooky reblogged this from getthepiesammy
- coobie2spooky likes this
- michellyrox reblogged this from always-real-infinite
- ofhappiness reblogged this from always-real-infinite
- always-real-infinite reblogged this from sarahavoidsreallife
- sheisahopelessromantic likes this
- holleydolley15 reblogged this from hopingitwillrain
- n4tive-tongue reblogged this from paralol
- daleksandclowns reblogged this from spirithallow
- tinselandtrash reblogged this from getthepiesammy
- raynejcd likes this
- shanexuh likes this