Bikers Against Child Abuse make abuse victims feel safe
These tough bikers have a soft spot: aiding child-abuse victims. Anytime, anywhere, for as long as it takes the child to feel safe, these leather-clad guardians will stand tall and strong against the dark, and the fear, and those who seek to harm.
The 11-year-old girl hears the rumble of their motorcycles, rich and deep, long before she sees them. She chews her bottom lip, nervous.
They are coming for her.
The bikers roar into sight, a pack of them, long-haired and tattooed, with heavy boots and leather vests, and some riding double. They circle the usually quiet Gilbert cul-de-sac, and the noise pulls neighbors from behind slatted wood blinds and glossy front doors.
One biker stops at the mouth of the street, parks in the middle of the road and stands guard next to his motorcycle, arms crossed.
The rest back up to the curb in front of the girl’s house, almost in formation, parking side by side. There are 14 motorcycles in all, mostly black and shiny chrome. The bikers rev their engines again before shutting them down.
The sudden silence is deafening. The girl’s mother takes her hand.
The leader of this motorcycle club is a 55-year-old man who has a salt-and-pepper Fu Manchu and wears his hair down past his shoulders. He eases off his 2000 Harley Road King and approaches the little girl.
He is formidable, and intimidating, and he knows it. So he bends low in front of the little girl and puts out his hand, tanned and weathered from the sun and wind: “Hi, I’m Pipes.”
“Nice to meet you,” she says softly, her small hand disappearing in his.….
The unruly-looking mob in her driveway is there to help her feel safe again. They are members of the Arizona chapter of Bikers Against Child Abuse International, and they wear their motto on their black leather vests and T-shirts: “No child deserves to live in fear.”
I’ll admit - this made me tear up. I’d never heard of BACA before. Now I want to find the WA and OR chapters, and give them some money. I can’t give them a lot - I live hand-to-mouth - but they deserve my support. Surviving abuse is not - *not* - easy. These bikers have taken on a nearly-impossible task, struggling to make it a little easier. Amazing. Absolutely wonderful.
Just read the entire article to my mom. Oh the tears.
No, It’s ok. I wanted to cry in my living room anyway.
This is one of the best things ever.
This article was so wonderful. If ever you need to restore your faith in humanity, just read this.
Humanity can be the lowest of the low sometimes. And then, they can rise to heights, like this. Wow.
- justlitleme reblogged this from imtoojellyforyou
- justlitleme likes this
- imtoojellyforyou reblogged this from body-language-and-bad-habits
- imtoojellyforyou likes this
- theandroqueen reblogged this from body-language-and-bad-habits
- body-language-and-bad-habits reblogged this from feministdisney
- lawliethadaheart likes this
- themightywordsmith likes this
- scatteredmomentsofconnection reblogged this from disneyandmusic
- shamwoah reblogged this from procrastinationcelebration
- you-should-watch-tanked likes this
- solarapo likes this
- toastfairy reblogged this from distantwings
- avengingninjaalchemist likes this
- krepta-starchild likes this
- sexyray1982 likes this
- 6twenty6 reblogged this from procrastinationcelebration
- eight-osoroshii-nine likes this
- pr0ph3cy-pyr0p3 reblogged this from phemiec
- shutupandkeeptalking likes this
- jadedgemini14 likes this
- gratia-puella likes this
- littlemisswellyboot likes this
- pawpillow reblogged this from thepaladog and added:
- sucubuszoo reblogged this from stfurapeculture
- scareapimoling reblogged this from laurscreamisnotamused
- supernaturalpirate likes this
- my-super-secret-boy-band reblogged this from skylinewishes
- patronusprimeatmanetheren reblogged this from fadedsoka
- synapse-heart likes this
- derangedaspects likes this
- citizencinemaniac reblogged this from spindleshanking
- sylph-politics reblogged this from sylphaeon
- lilacreborn16 likes this
- jackred528 reblogged this from feministdisney
- theworldserpent reblogged this from ladynorthstar
- ilovealistair reblogged this from lycanandproud
- neverfutile reblogged this from reapergrellsutcliff
- firebooty likes this
- omergerditsthedoctor likes this
- no-aengel likes this
- intrinsic-fallen-angel reblogged this from black-veil-butler and added:
- secretdispositions reblogged this from procrastinationcelebration
- referencerambles reblogged this from toomanycornersinmymind
- softwiings likes this
- almosteverythingieversaid reblogged this from itastethedevilstears
- kandrakelsier likes this
- 17mjane likes this
- paypale likes this
- periodicperspectives reblogged this from corneliusthewhite